CCFH offers an online continuing education program to earn CE credits by reading valuable publications by CCFH authors and completing a brief online assessment. Our resilience-oriented, collaborative approach is applied to a broad diversity of couples and families and their stressful life challenges.
This program enables you to learn useful practice information with CE credit at your own pace and convenience. The registration fee includes the reading, assessment, and certificate for CECs.
- Select among the readings currently offered for CE credit
- Register online, or by fax or phone, with payment to receive readings. Books are sent by mail, articles by e-mail. You will also receive a confirmation email and a link to the online assessment.
- After reading, complete the assessment and send to CCFH for CECs. You must get at least 60% correct on your assessment to receive CECs. If you do not pass the first time, you may take it again.
You will receive your certificate for CECs within two weeks of successfully completing the assessment.
Books & Articles Offered For CE Credit
All books and articles, by CCFH faculty, are highly regarded and used in professional training and practice. All are valuable for both beginning & seasoned clinicians of all mental health & healthcare disciplines. Readers will gain useful, state-of-the-art knowledge, practice guidelines, & case illustrations to inform & inspire best practice.
The Chicago Center for Family Health is an approved provider of continuing education credits (CECs) by the Illinois Dept. of Professional Regulation for social workers (LCSW/LSW), licensed marital and family therapists (LMFT), and professional/clinical counselors (LCPC/LPC).
Books (fee includes cost of book)
- Strengthening Family Resilience – 2nd. ed., 2006-2011, Froma Walsh, author – 8 CECs, $115
- Spiritual Resources in Family Therapy – 2nd. ed., 2009, Froma Walsh, editor. 8 CECs, $115
- Normal Family Processes: Growing Diversity and Complexity – 4th. ed., 2012 Froma Walsh, editor – 12 CECs, $125
- Loving with the Brain in Mind: Neurobiology & Couple Therapy, 2013, Mona Fishbane, author – 8 CECs, $115
- Treating Complex Trauma: A Relational Blueprint for Collaboration and Change, 2014, Mary Jo Barrett, author – 8 CECs, $115
- The Use of Self in Therapy, 3rd. ed., 2012, Michele Baldwin, editor – 8 CECs, $115
- The Complete Systemic Supervisor: Context, Philosophy, and Pragmatics, 2014, Thomas Todd, author – 8 CECs, $115
- Positive Couple Therapy: Using We-Stories to Enhance Resilience, 2014, Karen Skerret, author – 8 CECs, $115
- Families, Illness, & Disability, 1994, John Rolland, author – 8 CECs, $115
- Latino Families in Therapy: A Multi-Dimensional Framework for Practice, 2nd. ed., 2013, Celia Falicov, author – 8 CECs, $115
Articles (PDF or paper copies)
For further information, please contact us at: