See below for Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Families, Illness, and Collaborative Health Care program application, and use the contact form at the bottom of the page for further questions.
How do I apply for the 2018-2019 Fellowship?
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter explaining your interest in the program, Academic Transcript, GRE scores, and 3 letters of reference by February 12, 2018. This can be done via e-mail or mail.
- For e-mail applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For mail applications: 20 N Wacker Drive: Suite 1442, Chicago, IL 60606-2902.
I want to distribute the program flyer to a colleague/my department. Where can I download it?
- You can download the Fellowship Flyer, and download an invited paper describing the Center’s philosophy and programs in Families, Illness, and Collaborative Health Care. Contact us in the form below with any questions.
Do I need to submit an official GRE report?
- We prefer an official GRE report. You can contact ETS for an official copy of your scores, and use our Designated Institution (DI) Code 0820 to indicate the Chicago Center For Family Health as a score recipient. Visit the ETS website at www.ets.org for more information on sending and receiving your GRE scores (as of Fall 2012), or go to Sending Your Scores and Ordering Additional Score Reports for more details.
Neither ETS nor my graduate department have a copy of my GRE scores, but I personally have an official copy. Can I submit this with my application?
- If you are unable to send your GRE scores through ETS/your graduate department but have a copy of the official report, you may scan and submit to us with a brief note explaining the above.
I did not take the GRE. What should I do?
- Indicate on the Fellowships Application Checklist you will submit with your other materials that you do not have GRE scores available.
Do I need to submit an official transcript with my application?
- Yes. If you are not able to send an official transcript from your school/university, please contact us at 312-372-4731, or email@example.com.
Can I submit my transcript electronically through my school?
- Yes. Some graduate departments are able to send transcripts directly to our institution via e-mail, or make your records available electronically. The administrative contact for this method is Susan Lanier, Administrative Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How should I send my references?
- References written on letterhead may be sent via e-mail or mail to the attention of John Rolland, MD.
- E-mail references must come directly from the recommender to email@example.com, as a scan/attachment.
- Mailed references may be submitted with your application materials in a sealed envelope, or sent directly to us from your recommender. If your references are being mailed separately from the rest of your application, please indicate the names of the recommenders on the Fellowship Application Checklist ( [DOC] / [PDF] ) that we may know from whom to expect the reference, and provide an update if it has not been received by us.
I’m mailing my application. Do I have to send all the materials at once?
- Mailed applications can be sent to the Chicago Center For Family Health at 20 N Wacker Drive: Suite 1442, Chicago, IL 60606-2902. While we prefer the full application be submitted all at once, the nature of obtaining reports and recommendations often requires some items be sent separately. Whenever possible, if separate items are being sent by you personally, submit the Fellowship Application Checklist ( [DOC] / [PDF] ) to help us keep track of your separate materials. As mentioned above, you can indicate on the Fellowship Application Checklist from whom your references are coming, or when you expect your remaining materials to reach us.
Still have questions about the application process? Contact us via the form below, and we will reply to your e-mail within 3 business days.
Back To FICH Doctoral Fellowship Program 2017-2018
Back To FICH Program Offerings
Back To Families, Illness, and Collaborative Health Care Programs