CCFH provides innovative, resilience-oriented clinical training, for clinical and community-based practice, specializing in family and couples therapy and in Families, Illness & Collaborative Healthcare.
Our training opportunities, onsite and via distance learning, include:
- Workshops and Conferences
- Brief Intensive Training & Certificate Programs (designed for groups)
- Onsite or Videoconference Case Supervision, Consultation, and Coaching
- International Training in Chicago and abroad
Our programs, offering Continuing Education credits (CECs), are designed for the development of health, mental health and social service professionals including: social workers, psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists, physicians, nurses, and pastoral counselors, as well as allied professionals such as family attorneys.
Our training builds valuable practice knowledge and skills to work effectively with couples and families in distress. Our collaborative, resilience-based approach is particularly valuable for those who are struggling:
- to recover from crisis, trauma, or loss; (traumatic events, complicated bereavement, community disasters)
- to navigate disruptive family transitions (e.g. separation, divorce, stepfamily integration)
- to master multi-stress challenges of chronic conditions (e.g. illness/disability; prolonged unemployment; and
- to overcome barriers for positive development of at-risk youth.
Our training programs are grounded in a conceptual integration of systems theory and a multigenerational family life cycle framework. We attend to the interaction of biological, cultural, spiritual, and institutional influences in social and developmental contexts. In contrast to the deficit focus of traditional programs, and the one-size-fits-all of some models, our resilience-oriented approach identifies and increases family strengths and resources, respecting and attuned to today’s diverse couples and families, their values, and their challenges.
We are distinguished by:
- Our extraordinary faculty known widely for outstanding teaching, publications and practice initiatives at the forefront of our field.
- Our small seminar and consultation group format, ideal for intensive, interactive learning and collegiality.
- Our commitment to train community-based professionals to better serve vulnerable children, families, and disadvantaged groups.
To learn more about training at CCFH, or to register, contact us.